To be considered for the PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency Program, interested
candidates must submit the following materials no later than January 3rd
- A letter of intent describing why the candidate has chosen to complete a pharmacy
practice residency and why he or she is specifically interested in SJGH.
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Letters of recommendation from at least three faculty, preceptors, and/or work
supervisors. At least two should be from individuals familiar with the candidate’s
clinical skills. Please note that recommenders must include narrative comments
for a minimum of six of the applicant characteristics in the PhORCAS letter of
recommendation template, in addition to the global narrative.
- An official transcript of all coursework in the professional pharmacy curriculum,
including clerkship rotations completed through December. If clerkship grades are
not available at the time of the application, the student may choose to send a second
transcript at a later time or may have their regional clerkship coordinator send a letter
that identifies clerkship grades received. Undergraduate transcripts are not necessary.
- One professional writing sample, which should consist of something that was
authored solely by the applicant and was completed during pharmacy school. It
should demonstrate competency in medical and/or scientific writing. Typical
examples include drug monographs, case reports, inservices or presentations.