To be considered for the PGY-1 Pharmacy Residency Program, interested
candidates must submit the following materials no later than January 3rd
- A letter of intent describing why the candidate has chosen to complete
a pharmacy practice residency and why he or she is specifically interested
- A current curriculum vitae.
- Letters of recommendation from at least three faculty, preceptors, and/or work supervisors. At least two should be from individuals familiar with the candidate’s clinical skills. Please note that recommenders must include narrative comments for a minimum of six of the applicant characteristics in the PhORCAS letter of recommendation template, in addition to the global narrative.
- An official transcript of all coursework in the professional pharmacy
curriculum, including clerkship rotations completed through December.
If clerkship grades are not available at the time of the application, the
student may choose to send a second transcript at a later time or may
have their regional clerkship coordinator send a letter that identifies
clerkship grades received. Undergraduate transcripts are not necessary.
- One professional writing sample, which should consist of something
that was authored solely by the applicant and was completed during
pharmacy school. It should demonstrate competency in medical and/or
scientific writing. Typical examples include drug monographs, case
reports, in-services or presentations.