Our patients need a peaceful and restful environment, please keep
your voices low while visiting the Hospital and please supervise
your children accordingly.
- To provide a peaceful environment for our patients, the number of persons
visiting a patient at the bedside is limited to two (2) at any one time.
- Hospital staff will ask visitors in excess of policy to wait in a specified Waiting
Room, Main Lobby or Cafeteria.
- Please note that San Joaquin General Hospital and CMS will not restrict
visitation based on sex, economic status, educational background, race, color,
religion, ancestry, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, medical condition,
marital status, registered domestic partner status, or the source of payment for
care. The patient has the right to choose who the visitor(s) will be, and this will
not be restricted by policy.
- Visitors may be requested to leave a room at the discretion of the nursing or
medical staff when it is appropriate.
- n semi-private rooms, visitors will be excused during beside report, unless the
patient asks specifically for their representative to remain.
- Visitors under the age of 16 are not permitted to visit. Exceptions may be made
by Nursing Supervisor/Charge Nurse in instances of life, major change in
condition, or extended length of stay.
- Patients who choose to be “confidential” will not appear on the census and
to information will be given to visitors seeking patient location information.
- Visitors will be monitored by clinical staff for signs of communicable diseases
(i.e. flu, chicken pox) and will not be admitted and will be asked to leave if
considered potentially infectious.
- Visitors of surgical patients: On the day of surgery, a maximum of two (2) visitors
may visit with the patient prior to surgery. While the patient is in surgery, the visitors
are asked to wait in one of the surgical waiting rooms on the 2nd floor or the Main
Lobby or Cafeteria.
- No illegal substances, alcohol or weapons are to be brought upon the premises.