Medical Financial Assistance

If you do not have health insurance, our financial counselors will help you find out if you qualify for one of these health coverage programs: Medi-Cal, Healthy Families, Healthy Kids, SJGH Medical Financial Assistance Program (MFA), or SJGH Charity Program.

For Information and How to Apply

Call the financial counselors at (209) 468-6679

What to Bring

The required documents you need are listed on the application for financial assistance. Call the financial counselor at (209) 468-6679 if you have any questions.


Appeal Process

If you have been denied financial assistance, you have the right to appeal. Send a written request for review within 30 days of your denial notice to:

Admitting Manager
P.O. Box 1020
French Camp, CA 95231

Major changes to health care coverage due to the Affordable Care Act.

Childless adults, who are legal residents and who have incomes under 138% of the federal poverty level (FPL) can be enrolled into Expanded Medi-Cal with coverage beginning January 1, 2014. There is no asset test for this population.

Patients and clients who were denied Medi-Cal previously are encouraged to re-apply.

For information or to schedule an appointment with a financial counselor, call or email us at:


For those legal residents whose incomes are above 138% FPL and up to 400% FPL, health insurance is available from Covered CA. Depending on income and family size, residents may be eligible for tax credits which will substantially lower their premiums.